The Gardens At Fair Oaks is looking for an enthusiastic Admissions Nurse, LPN/RN to manage the inquiry and admission process.
The Admissions Nurse is responsible for the admissions & marketing to potential resident populations and will work to ensure full occupancy of the assisted living apartments. S/he is responsible for the admissions documents and admission process of new residents to the assisted living facility. S/he reports to the Administrator, Assistant Administrator and Director of Nursing.
Providing customers with information via tours, personal visits, telephone conversations and follow up.
Serve as a liaison between professional referral sources and Gardens At Fair Oaks community--building relationships, communicating processes/admission criteria as needed.
Collect the necessary documentation and information to ensure a smooth transition for clients of the assisted living.
- Assist in the coordination and implementation of the marketing plan.
The Admissons Nurse should have a strong interest in and enjoy working and being with the elderly. Must present a professional appearance and maintain good grooming practices, personal hygiene, and be punctual and regular in attendance. S/he must have a warm, friendly, outgoing and energetic personality. S/he must be able to work under pressure. S/he must have good oral and written communication skills. S/he must have strong organizational and teamwork skills. S/he must have the ability to show patience, tact, and a desire to interact with the residents. S/he must learn and honor the rights of the residents. The Admissions Nurse must have the flexibility to work occasionally on evenings, weekends and holidays if needed.
- Ensure occupancy of The Gardens Assisted Living meets optimal level.
- Understand various services provided by the facility.
- Processes calls, tours, application and admission paperwork.
- Greets and provides pleasant admission environment for residents and family.
- Communicates with other departments on needs for a potential resident and new admissions.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Manager, Supervisor, or Administrator.
- Must have a valid Nurse License.
- Experience in Admissions, Sales and/or marketing is preferred.